Nature lovers wanted! Each half-day camp session is one action-packed week of educational outdoor adventures! Camp includes hands-on activities, walking field trips, games, art projects and more. Camp sessions are limited to 12 campers.
Camp itineraries have been designed to keep campers outdoors as much as possible, and to capture the “adventure” that is so important to our summer camps each year. Camps will take place at the Manatee Center and take advantage of the parks and open spaces that are within walking distance, eliminating the need to place campers in close quarters on a bus, and increasing the time available to spend together outdoors. Each day, campers will engage in a variety of fun games and activities designed to help them learn more about our natural world. Wednesday and Friday of each camp week will be a beach fun day and a seining adventure with parents dropping off at alternate locations.
In order to protect the health and safety of campers, staff, volunteers and everyone’s families at home, staff and counselors will continue to follow guidelines for youth activities including maintaining social distancing and wearing face masks. Campers will be encouraged to wear face coverings when distance cannot be maintained.
Location: Manatee Education Center - 480 North Indian River Drive, Fort Pierce 34950
Phone: 772-429-6266, Option 3
Days: Monday - Friday
- Morning Sessions: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Afternoon Sessions: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Ages: 7 to 12
Session Descriptions and Dates:
- Ocean Creatures: JUNE 7th - June 11th
- This week is all about some of the ocean’s most iconic creatures! Outdoor games, hands-on activities and art projects will introduce campers to sharks, dolphins, whales and manatees! Parents will drop off and pick up at alternate locations for a Wednesday beach fun day and Friday’s seining adventure.
- Super Science: June 21st - June 25th
- Science if Fun at the Manatee Center! Campers will explore different fields of science with exciting hands-on labs, experiments and projects. Plus, a beach fun day on Wednesday and a Friday seining adventure will round out the week!
- Wild About Art: JULY 12th - JULY 16th
- This camp is perfect for creative kids who also like being outdoors! Campers will discover nature through games and cool arts and crafts activities. Plus, a beach fun day on Wednesday and a Friday seining adventure will round out the week!
- Amazing Adaptations: JULY 26th - JULY 30th
- Every organism is adapted to survive and thrive in its environment. Games, activities and fun projects will introduce campers to some of nature’s most amazing adaptations. Plus, a beach fun day on Wednesday and a Friday seining adventure will round out the week.
- Counselor-In-Training Program: Counselors in Training is a fun and friendly opportunity for youth to develop skills and summer camp responsibilities as assistants to counselors while also exploring and adventuring throughout the Indian River Lagoon.
- Those interested in the CIT program should contact the Camp Director at Education@ManateeEducationCenter.org for more info and availability.
Cost: $90 per camper, per session
Registration: Online registration and payment available. CLICK HERE to register Online.
Other Helpful Information: Campers will need to bring a refillable water bottle. Snacks and water will be provided each day. Each family will receive a detailed itinerary and list of needed/suggested materials.
Manatee Center is a sponsor of Macaroni Kid PSL's 2021 Summer Camps & Activities Guide.