Fort Pierce becomes truly enchanting during the holidays, especially in December. The Public Works Department goes all out to adorn the city streets and prepare the palm trees in Marina Square. They wrap them in over 100,000 strands of Christmas lights, creating the eagerly awaited Holiday Lights Spectacular, also known as the "Dancing Palms." There is always something to do in Fort Pierce, and December is brimming with festive activities to keep you in the holiday spirit.
The Annual Sights and Sounds Parade on 2nd Street is a magical holiday experience. The Christmas Boat Parade adds a perfect touch for those yearning for an authentic Florida Christmas, and Christmas on Moore’s Creek embraces the spirit of giving that reflects the essence of our community. While Florida may not experience the coldest winters, you can sense the warmth of the holidays in our charming town.
The City of Fort Pierce encourages everyone to partake in the holiday festivities. Below is a list of some FREE Holiday Happenings and the link to the City’s Community Calendar.
Have a safe and happy holiday season!
2023 HOLIDAY HAPPENINGS
- Downtown Friday Fest
- Friday, December 1st from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM in Marina Square
- Sights and Sounds on 2nd Street
- Sunday, December 3rd from 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM – Parade starts at 4:00 PM in Historic Downtown
- Christmas on Moore's Creek
- Saturday, December 9th from 7:30 AM to 9:30 AM - 5k Run / Walk at 434 N. 7th Street
- Saturday, December 9th from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM - Toy Giveaway / Health & Wellness Festival at 434 N. 7th Street
- Holiday Boat Parade
- Saturday, December 9th from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM starts at Marina Square
- Coffee with the Mayor
- Friday, December 15th from 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM at the Fort Pierce Yacht Club, 700 N. Indian River Dr.
- Holiday Lights Spectacular
- Every night from December to January from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM in Marina Square
For more information on free local community events and holiday happenings, please visit the city’s community calendar HERE.