Parents can keep their summer reading challenge going thanks to St. Lucie County Library System’s various book groups.
The schedule for July's events includes:
- Friday, July 1, 2022 at 3:30 PM, featuring “Red at the Bone” by Jacqueline Woodson at the Lakewood Park Branch Friday Afternoon Book Discussion Group, 7605 Santa Barbara Drive, Fort Pierce.
- Wednesday, July 6th at 2:00 PM, featuring “Klara and the Sun” by Kazuo Ishiguro at the Lewis Branch’s Wednesday Afternoon Book Discussion Group, 2950 SW Rosser Blvd., Port St. Lucie -772-871-5470.
- Thursday, July 7th at 6:00 PM, featuring “Gone Girl” by Gillian Flynn at the Kilmer Branch’s Thursday Evening Book Discussion Group (In-person or Zoom by calling 772-462-2199 for more information), 101 Melody Lane, Fort Pierce.
- Tuesday, July 12th at 2:00 PM, featuring “The Bluest Eyes” by Toni Morrison at the Morningside Branch’s Tuesday Afternoon Book Discussion Group, 2410 Morningside Blvd., Port St. Lucie - 772-337-5632.
- Thursday, July 21st at 10:30 AM, featuring “The Leavers” by Lisa Ko at the Kilmer Branch’s Thursday Morning Book Discussion Group, 101 Melody Lane, Fort Pierce – 772-462-1615.
- Tuesday, July 26th at 6:00 PM, featuring “Slow Dollar” by Margaret Maron at the Morningside Branch’s Mystery Lovers Book Discussion Group, 2410 Morningside Blvd., Port St. Lucie - 772-337-5632.
These drop-in programs are open to all adults and offered at no charge. A limited number of copies of the monthly selection are available for check out at the branch.
For those book lovers who crave social interactions, but aren’t comfortable or able to meet in person, there is a Virtual Book Group on:
- Wednesday, July 27th at 2:00 PM and 7:00 PM, featuring “Groundskeeping” by Lee Cole. Check out your digital copy of the book on our website - unlimited copies will be available and pre-register using our online form at www.stlucielibrary.org. Additional information and a link to join the meeting will be sent via email. If you have questions about this meeting, please call 772-462-2199 for assistance.
For more information about other St. Lucie County Library programs, visit: www.stlucielibrary.org.