Stay computer savvy with free classes through the St. Lucie County Library System this July. In addition to the scheduled classes, all six branch libraries offer one-on-one technology help by appointment.
Scheduled classes for July will be held at the Morningside Branch Library, 2410 SE Morningside Blvd., Port St. Lucie (advanced registration is not required):
- Wednesday, July 20, 2022 at 2:30 PM - Adult Gaming. Come for a fun afternoon of Wii with Wii Sports, Wii Play and Wii Sports Resort. Activities include tennis, golf, bowling, fishing, disc golf and more. No experience necessary.
- Saturday, July 30, 2022 at 2:30 PM - An introduction to Microsoft Paint 3D. Use 3D text, designs and objects to create a storyboard or painting.
Virtual reality sessions continue throughout July. Don’t miss a chance to immerse yourself in a 3D world. The virtual reality sessions are open to everyone, but children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Saturday, July 2 from 2:30 to 4 p.m. at the Lewis Branch Library, 2950 SW Rosser Blvd., Port St. Lucie.
- Friday, July 8 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. at the Lakewood Park Branch Library, 7605 Santa Barbara Drive, Fort Pierce.
- Saturday, July 16 from 3 to 4:30 p.m. at the Hurston Branch Library, 3008 Avenue D, Fort Pierce.
- Saturday, July 23 from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Morningside Branch Library, 2410 SE Morningside Blvd., Port St. Lucie.
A reminder that the Kilmer Library, 101 Melody Lane in Fort Pierce, has the new Memory Studio, providing a do-it-yourself space to digitize your photos, videos and sound recordings with free access to software and equipment. For questions, call 772-462-2187 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lewis Library, 2950 Rosser Blvd. in Port St. Lucie, features the Multi-Media Studio, providing software and equipment for video, music, photography and design projects. If you are a videographer, anime designer or even a future music star, this library space can help turn your vision into a reality. For questions, call 772-871-7256 or email email@example.com.
For residents who would like more individual assistance, all six branch libraries offer one-on-one technology help for adults by appointment. Adults can contact their local branch library to schedule a session. Please remember to bring all your passwords, St. Lucie County Library card and make sure all your devices are fully charged.
For those that need after-hours internet access: All St. Lucie County Libraries have expanded Wi-Fi available from the parking lot 24 hours a day; seven days a week.
For more information about St. Lucie County Library programs, visit: www.stlucielibrary.org.