Celebrate Family Health & Fitness Day
On June 12 With Free Fitness Pass and Zumba
The City of Port St. Lucie Parks & Recreation Department is hosting a day-long celebration of fun, healthy fitness opportunities for the community on Saturday, June 12, 2021.
Admission will be free for those joining the City in their two fitness centers:
- The Humana Fitness & Wellness Center at the MIDFLORIDA Event Center - 9221 SE Event Center Place, PSL 34952
Hours: 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM
- The Community Center Fitness & Wellness Center - 2195 SE Airoso Blvd., PSL 34984
Hours: 8:00 AM to Noon
In addition to free daily passes for guests, the City's fitness professionals will offer a Free Zumba class at 6:30 PM. This class will be held outdoors in Village Square, in front of the MIDFLORIDA Event Center. Immediately following the class, there will be a photo opportunity at sunset to showcase all the participants. This photo will kick off the City's Parks & Recreation Month Celebration in July where they will ask residents to take photos at sunset at their favorite parks and be entered for a chance to win a $100 gift card!
Residents are encouraged to come out and enjoy any of the City’s seven outdoor fitness stations:
- Jessica Clinton Park - 3200 SE Southbend Boulevard
- Crosstown Parkway and Floresta Drive
- Crosstown Parkway, just east of Bayshore Boulevard
- Woodland Trails Park - 1485 SW Calmar Avenue
- Woodstork Trail - located at 1957 SE Hillmoor Drive
- Along Midport Lake - located at 2010 SE Veterans Memorial Parkway
- Winterlakes Park - located at 5241 NW Jannebo Street.
Celebrated on the second Saturday of June each year, Family Health & Fitness Day is an opportunity for local community members to discover the health benefits provided by their local parks and recreation department. An initiative of the National Recreation & Park Association, Port St. Lucie Parks & Recreation Department joins park and recreation departments around the country in showcasing easily accessible, close-to-home health and wellness opportunities.
For more information, visit www.nrpa.org/familyfitness or search #NRPAFamilyFitDay on social media.