The Susan Broom Kilmer Library’s Movie Matinee will feature a double feature this December with “Shrek the Halls” on Saturday, December 28, 2019 at 3:00 PM and Disney’s “Aladdin” remake on Tuesday, December 31st at 9:30 AM.
Featuring the voices of Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy and Cameron Diaz, “Shrek the Halls” is a half-hour animated TV special featuring the DreamWorks’ fairy tale characters putting their own spin on holiday traditions. The movie is rated TV-PG. Following the movie, stick around for a holiday craft making event.
To ring in the New Year, the library will present Disney’s live-action remake of “Aladdin” on Tuesday, December 31st at 9:30 AM. Featuring Will Smith and Naomi Scott, a kind-hearted street urchin and a power-hungry Grand Vizier vie for a magic lamp that has the power to make their deepest wishes come true. The movie is rated PG with a running time 128 minutes. Join the library staff after the movie for a “Noon Year’s” Celebration as they make party favors and toast to the New Year.
Other family activities include:
- Family Fun Time is held on the first Saturday of each month at 3:00 PM.
- Storytime Jam on Wednesdays at 10:30 AM for ages 3-5. This early literacy program encourages reading, imagination and socialization.
- Rhythm and Rhyme Storytime on Fridays at 10:30 AM for ages 2-3. This weekly program focuses on early literacy through rhymes, stories, movement and more.
- Finger Painting and Bubble Play is on the first Wednesday and first Friday of each month, following storytime.
- S.T.E.A.M. Storytime takes place on the third Wednesday and third Friday at 10:30 AM for ages 2-5 with hands-on activities focused on science, technology, engineering, art and math.
Parents and guardians are asked to stay with their children during these events.
The Kilmer Branch of the St. Lucie County Library System is located at 101 Melody Lane. For more information about children’s programs call Gicele Perna (Ms. Sally) at 772-462-2812, email email@example.com or visit: www.stlucieco.gov/Library.